CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
In line with the directives by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said on the responsibilities of the private sector
in respect of their contribution to the social development of communities; United Power Company takes
its role as a responsible corporate citizen seriously. Over the years, the Company has actively supported
local community bodies, schools and charity organizations. Valuing the importance of the youth of Oman in
future progress of the country, the Company considers education as a cornerstone and accordingly takes
special interests in the sponsorship and support of education and sports; two foundations for the all-round
development of a young mind.
In 2014 as well, the Company focused its efforts on education projects, youth & sports activities, on direct
social support and municipal activities. The Company carried out the following projects during the year:
- Providing a Porto cabin to be used as a classroom for students with difficulty in learning along with the necessary equipment to serve the purpose.
- Distribution of stationary items to students of low income families in collaboration with Manah Charity which keeps record of all low income families in Manah.
- Participated in a project which identifies teachers and students who have excelled in their field in collaboration with the Wali Office in Manah.
- Social Support to the project TEACH to ensure continuation of education to students having cost constraints.
Social Activities: Financial donation
- Manah Municipality for their ongoing municipal projects.
- Public Authority for Small & Medium Enterprises for their Dates Festival.
- Provide relief to victims of floods and heavy rains.
- A wing of a social club for their events.
Youth & Sports: Sponsorship/financial support
- Al Bashaer Club in Manah for the open day event which included recreational activities and cleaning campaign of the villages.
- Al Arabi Team in Manah for the summer camp which included cleaning of particular areas, holding leisure competitions, computer courses and lectures. Participants of the summer camps include students from 11-12 grades in universities and colleges.
- Sponsoring a summer camp to promote sports activities during the month of Ramadan. The purpose of the camp was to prepare ground to organize a football league, contribute prizes and buy items to be used for cleaning the village/falajes.